I practice multiple modalities such as:
POSITIONAL RELEASE (NEW)
Deep Tissue Massage
and Myofascial ReleasE
With each of these techniques, I provide personalized treatments for each guest.
• A gentle indirect approach to manual therapy
• Use of isometric positions for release
• Improvements range of motion, restores movement and postural function
Overworked, painful, or tense muscles don’t always respond well to direct manual attempts to elongate muscle tissue. Positional Release Technique is great for releasing neuromuscular patterns of restriction uses positioning, approximation of the origin and insertion of muscles, and isometrics to help clients release deep-seated tension and change holding & habit patterns.
• Light to medium pressure
• Promotes circulation and lymph movement
• Good for stress-related conditions and chronic pain
Swedish Massage is a very relaxing and therapeutic style of bodywork. It combines oils or lotion with an array of strokes such as rolling, kneading, and percussion to help the body improve its circulation. The benefits of this type of bodywork are wide-ranging and include relief from aches and pains, decreased stress levels in the body, enhanced mental clarity, improved appearance, and greater flexibility.
• Promotes balance between the muscular system and the nervous system
• Uses alternating levels of pressure on areas where there is muscle spasm
• Helps to increase circulation in tense muscles that lack blood flow
Neuromuscular therapy is a system of massage techniques that were developed in the 1930's by Dr. Stanley Lief in England. It uses a holistic approach towards healing, emphasizing and stimulating the body's natural ability to heal itself. Neuromuscular therapy also enhances the function of joints and muscles, and accelerates the overall healing process by facilitating the release of endorphins.
Deep Tissue Massage
• Releases muscle tension
• Provides deep pain relief
• Loosens scar tissue and lengthens muscles
• Good for chronic and overuse injuries
Deep Tissue Massage is a form of bodywork that aims to relieve tension in the deeper layers of tissue in the body. Deep Tissue Massage is a highly effective method for releasing chronic stress areas due to misalignment, repetitive motions, and past lingering injuries. Due to the nature of the deep tissue work, open communication during the session is crucial to make sure you don't get too uncomfortable. Keep in mind that soreness is pretty common after the treatment, and that plenty of water should be ingested to aid with the flushing and removal of toxins that will have been released from the deep tissue during the session.
• Release tension in fascia (a connective tissue) due to trauma, posture, or inflammation
• Long stretching strokes to balance tissue and improve muscle mechanics
• Helps improve range of motion and relieves stiffness and pain
Myofascial release is a form of soft tissue therapy intended to eliminate pain, increase range of motion, and rebalance the entire body. It does this by using massage techniques to stretch the fascia and release the bonds that exist between the fascia, muscles and bones. Fascia is the connective tissue that connects and covers all muscles, organs, and skeletal structures of the body. Direct myofascial release is sometimes known as deep tissue work. Indirect release applies light pressure and gently stretches the fascia; this allows for increased blood circulation and relief from pain
Trigger Point Therapy
• Relieves a tight area within muscle tissue causing pain in other areas of the body
• Uses cycles of isolated pressure and release
• Helps naturally manage pain and stress from chronic injuries
Trigger Point Therapy is a style of bodywork that focuses on stimulating and releasing "trigger points" in your body. Trigger points are tender areas of tension similar to acupressure points, except they occur in the belly of the muscle rather than along the energy pathways of the body. These "knots" are built up throughout a person's life due to physical, mental, and/or emotional stress. During a session, focused pressure is applied through a variety of techniques order to release your trigger points. This process can be quite painful at times, yet the effects are lasting and profoundly transformative.
• Casual clothed massage
• Promotes circulation and rejuvenation
• Good for speedy release of stress and tension
Chair massage is a popular way of relieving stress and releasing tension right in your home or workplace. You receive your massage in a specialized ergonomic chair which I bring to your location. In addition to the usual health benefits of massage, another benefit of chair massage is that it is done over the clothing. With seated massage, you can avoid the discomfort and awkwardness that you may feel in disrobing for a traditional massage. Also, chair massage sessions are usually shorter than traditional massage, making it convenient enough to fit into your busy schedule.